cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPJAY
Regular Visitor

Update sharepoint list using CSV file

Hello All,

Can someone help me with a flow in Power Automate to update a share point list using CSV file (or create CSV table action)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

You'll need to create a blank template Excel file first with a table to populate to do that.  Please see this article.

How to export data in Power Automate to an Excel File (tachytelic.net)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

This video shows a good way to parse a CSV file.  You can then do an Apply to each step on that array with a Create Item action in it to make the SharePoint items.

How to Parse a CSV in Microsoft Power Automate Super Fast, Free and Easy. - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

Thank You !!...is there a way to create an excel file like Create CSV action for CSV . I was thinking that way, it will help me combine it with another existing flow to load data using excel. The reason I used create CSV was that it has options to map field by field and remove unwanted fields from source file.

mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

You'll need to create a blank template Excel file first with a table to populate to do that.  Please see this article.

How to export data in Power Automate to an Excel File (tachytelic.net)

Pat

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot...I will check it out

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,213)