cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Updating Sharepoint list column with participants of event or meeting

I have created an event with invitees. I need to update the (Attendees)  column with participants when the meeting ends. my sharepoint list below Flow . How can i get invitees (participants) to update attendees column with those who attended the event?

Sharepoint list

Judy12_1-1600609626456.png

Flow

Judy12_0-1600609560853.png

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Updating Sharepoint list column with participants of event or meeting

Hi @Judy12 ,

What is the type of Attendees field? String or Person filed? If it is a person field, does it support multiple selections?

Please provide more details so that we could provide the proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-bacao-msft  I appreciate your response.

The attendees column is person/group

Judy12_0-1600874220093.png

And time is not matching the invitees calendar time zone as well

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Judy12 ,

Do you want to update Attendee’s field with the value of the Invitees field?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-bacao-msft  I want to update attendees column with the value of the invitees immediately the meeting ends.

For example the meeting is 1hour (60) immediately that ends, attendees is updated.

I have column duration, start date time, end date time. I have used teams event. the flow is doing everything else except (attendees column) 

Judy12_0-1600965744721.pngJudy12_1-1600965821448.png

Judy12_4-1600966784518.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Judy12 ,

If these two fields are both person fields and both support multiple selections, you can directly fill Invitees into the Attendees field.

You could click on the picture in the screenshot, then you can see the Dynamic content that can be selected.

71.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi V.Bacao,

I tried this option and its updating 

1. The problem is now it updates immediately the flow runs. How can I apply delay on this update, to update when the event is over?

2. From my flow I realize that there is a loop sending multiple emails to invitees.

For example;

1. When I key in one invitee on the field. That one invitee will receive one email, when I add the second one, The first invitee will receive two emails, the second invitee does not receive an email at all. I add the third, the first invitee receives three emails.

could you please point out where this bug is originating?

Thanks you for supporting me in this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (7,821)