cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJwork

Updating a list item with details from another list.

Please bear with me as I'm new to using Sharepoint and flow... 

I currently have a Form set up that records requests for training, I have a flow that then takes these details and creates a new sharepoint list item. (this works great)

When the training session is completed the share point item is manually edited to populate the completeion date, I've then been able to get a flow set up to send an e-mail to the person who requested training requesting they fill in a feedback survey, i've set this up to output the Item ID as a unique reference for them to enter into the form (my thought was I coud then use this on the response to identify the list item to update).

I'm struggling to find a way to get the second form results to feed back onto the original list item and update the fields and only update the results column.

Does anyone have any best practice or examples for doing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@TJwork:

If you have the ID of the list item, you can use a SharePoint Get Items action and use an ODATA filter so that only that particular item is returned.

The ODATA filter would look something like this:

ID eq '[ID selected via Dynamic properties]'

You'll replace [ID selected via Dynamic properties] by selecting the ID field returned from your survey via Dynamic properties.

The Get Items action should return only 1 item but you'll need to use a For Each loop.

Inside of the loop, use a SharePoint Update Item action.  Update the results columns.  In addition, you'll need to provide values for all required columns.  Set those columns to the values retrieved from Get Items - they will be unchanged.

If you need an example, let me know.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@TJwork:

If you have the ID of the list item, you can use a SharePoint Get Items action and use an ODATA filter so that only that particular item is returned.

The ODATA filter would look something like this:

ID eq '[ID selected via Dynamic properties]'

You'll replace [ID selected via Dynamic properties] by selecting the ID field returned from your survey via Dynamic properties.

The Get Items action should return only 1 item but you'll need to use a For Each loop.

Inside of the loop, use a SharePoint Update Item action.  Update the results columns.  In addition, you'll need to provide values for all required columns.  Set those columns to the values retrieved from Get Items - they will be unchanged.

If you need an example, let me know.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

@ScottShearer

Thank you I was missing the ODATA filter and couldn't see the wood for the trees, it's working perfectly now.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (962)