cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a specific field in a row item

Hi All,

I created a flow to receive an email notification when my column (documents signed) is triggered to YES. It works. The only problem is whenever I change/answer another field for the same row item to which the (documents signed) column is triggered to Yes, i keep on receiving the email notification that i made for the documents signed flow. And I dont want that. But if the (documents signed) is not yet ticked to YES and I change/answer a different field it wont send me an email AND THATS GOOD.

So Is there a way for me not to receive that notification when i change/answer a different field for the same row item even if the (document signed) column is already ticked to YES? Please help.

Document Signed = Choices

Value Signed = Choices default value is YES - I created this column so I can use it on my condition (Documents Signed Value = Signed Value)

Attaching SS of the flow. Ex: When i put a date on the (date of first appt) field it sends me an email notification because the (document signed) column is ticked YES. And I dont want that. I just wanna receive an email whenever I ticked the (documents signed) to YES and not for the other fields on the row item.

ss problem.JPGss.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi again!

My suggestion, in your 'Update item' action block you should assign as new fields values the same fields values you get as outputs from your trigger 'When an item is updated', also the ID should be the same. You can select them from Dynamic content menu.

The only difference shall be SignedNotifSent value, you shall set it to YES.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Can you add an yes/no additional column (let's call it SignedNotifSent) to your Sharepoint List? If so, just set its default value to NO, and modify your current flow design slightly, so:

• once you send the email your flow updates this item's new column to YES, and
  • need to add an additional rule to your condition to make sure email is sent only when both 'SignedNotifSEnt' value is NO and 'Documents Signed' column value is Yes

You can also activate Version History, buth it's a tricky approach.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah one user actually recommended that versioning stuff but it was way too complicated to understand for my simple problem lol anyways did what u asked me attaching SS of my new flow is this correct? I used AND rather than OR and IS NOT EQUAL TOss2.JPG

Hi!

Condition structure looks fine, I mean I would expect two condition rules linked by AND operator as is your current design... but I am unsure about the dynamic content values you assigned to both of them, I mean, I do not have enough context info. If I were you I would add a couple of dummy items to the list, modify them and... test the flow making sure you are the only one receiving the emails during this testing phase

What I do not see is... the 'Update item' on the Condition true branch

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Sorry for the long thread and for bothering you. I just really need to finish this 😞

The conditions i used (documents signed VALUE) = (signed VALUE) and (signednotifsent VALUE =/ documents signed VALUE)

I added the update item on the true portion but im not sure with what to put on the highlighted ones

ID = ID

Title = SignedNotifSent VALUE

SignedNotifSent = from NO I changed it to YES

ss3.JPG

Hi again!

My suggestion, in your 'Update item' action block you should assign as new fields values the same fields values you get as outputs from your trigger 'When an item is updated', also the ID should be the same. You can select them from Dynamic content menu.

The only difference shall be SignedNotifSent value, you shall set it to YES.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (18,286)