Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Updating an Item in a SharePoint List based on if today's date is in column

Hi there,

I’m trying to use a SharePoint list to build a public view timetable so students can see when someone is available to help them (Tutor).

I want to automate some functionality and I have built a Flow where if the tutor is running late or can’t make there shift they can submit a form and it will mark this on the timetable.

I’m now trying to write a Flow which runs at the end of the day and removes this by checking the date in the ‘Availability note date’ column and if it is today’s date clears the value.

I can’t get my Flow to detect/match the date in the Availability note column.  I’m note sure if this has something with my SharePoint region setup (English - Australian) or if it’s trying to match on hidden time information, etc.

I think I have my expression wrong in my condition however I’m not sure how to fix it.

I’ve tried

utcNow('dd/MM/yyyy')    and      formatDateTime(utcNow(),'dd/MM/yyyy')

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I got so far:

Flow part 1.pngFlow part 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CollabTechie
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @PipManifold , try the below solution

Expression for variable 

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Get items filter query (Change DueDate to whatever your date column field name is and be aware of any spaces)

DueDate eq '@{variables('vToday')}'

cap1.PNG

Hope this helps!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you found my comment helpful, please give a thumbs up. If this resolved your issue, please mark as solution so that others in the community can find the answer. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CollabTechie
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @PipManifold , try the below solution

Expression for variable 

Get items filter query (Change DueDate to whatever your date column field name is and be aware of any spaces)

DueDate eq '@{variables('vToday')}'

cap1.PNG

Hope this helps!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you found my comment helpful, please give a thumbs up. If this resolved your issue, please mark as solution so that others in the community can find the answer. Thanks

CollabTechie
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @PipManifold , try this approach

Variable expression

Get items filter query

Change DueDate to the name of your column and pass in your variable that you initialized up top.

cap1.PNG

Hope this helps!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you found my comment helpful, please give a thumbs up or accept as a solution so that others in the community can find an answer more easily. Thanks 

Thanks so much!

Finally found the last hurdle.  my SharePoint list column has to be in text format!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,125)