Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexisVossloh
Helper I
Helper I

Use admin autorisation with a power apps event

Hello,

I have created a feed that is called with power apps, which inserts a file into a sharepoint folder, I want the file to be inserted but the person only has reader rights to the folder.

I want the files to be inserted but the people only have reader rights on the folder. Except that the sharepoint connectors take the authorizations of the power apps users which forces me to give them modification rights in sharepoint so that they can insert what I don't want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexisVossloh 

You can take a try to give the user a permission to view the folder in SharePoint.
Then give the user a Run-only flow permission.  Set the user need to use your connection to create a new file in Folder when flow running.

vLilyWmsft_1-1643169789037.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1643169850863.png

In this way, the file is created with your connection, and the user who uploads the file only has permission to view the folder.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my answer helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexisVossloh 

You can take a try to give the user a permission to view the folder in SharePoint.
Then give the user a Run-only flow permission.  Set the user need to use your connection to create a new file in Folder when flow running.

vLilyWmsft_1-1643169789037.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1643169850863.png

In this way, the file is created with your connection, and the user who uploads the file only has permission to view the folder.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my answer helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,236)