cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mporreca
Helper I
Helper I

User account or mailbox does not exist.

I created a simple email test flow within a Sharepoint Library. When an item is entered into the library and email is generated and emailed to three people who have valid Office 265 mail accounts. Most of the time the flow works; however, every now and again it will fail with the error "User account or mailbox does not exist.".

This has been happening on and off since December. Microsoft Support took a look at it but never resolved it. I want to put something similar in production, but have not because of this issue.

9 REPLIES 9
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mporreca,

To test this issue, I create a flow to send an email when a file is created in SharePoint library. In the To field, I enter 3 email addresses who have valid Office 365 mail accounts.

Then I upload files to the library to run the flow for several times, seems that the email can be sent to all the three email accounts.

So I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side. How long has your flow been running? Could you show me a screenshot for the detailed error message?

If possible, please provide your Flow Id for a further investigation.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is the activity where you can see that they run some times, but then stop running with error at other times:

6-13-2017 8-46-54 AM.jpg

Here is one that failed:

6-13-2017 8-48-56 AM.jpg

Here is the error:

6-13-2017 8-49-32 AM.jpg

How do I find the Flow ID?

Hi mporreca,

Thanks for sharing with us the screenshots.

This issue might be a SharePoint issue. It is possible that some users’ information has not completely synced down from AAD to SharePoint, resulting in the issue you are now experiencing. If sufficient properties are not yet synced down to SharePoint, then there is no efficient way to resolve this problem in the Connector. The good news is that this problem should correct itself once the users’ information syncs down to SharePoint. However, you don’t have control over when the information gets synced from AAD to SharePoint. The process that performs that sync is part of SharePoint Online’s infrastructure. So you might have to wait for the sync to occur. Once the user’s information synced down successfully, your flow will run as expected.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How can something from Sharepoint not sync since December?

Why does it work and then not work if something is not Synced from Sharepoint?

How can i get sharepoint to sync what ever is missing?

How can it be missing a SharePoint email account when email resides in Exchange?

I don't understand how this can be  sharepoint issue and I'm about ready to give up on Microsoft Flow because it is unreliable. It can't even issue a simple email!!! I'm even using one of the templates they advertise in the Microsoft templates!!! And no one from Microsoft has helped me!

The emails have worked, but then stop, then start, then stop. It's been going on since December 2016. And all email accounts have ben in existance for years! Luckily I have this just working on our own departmental Sharepoint library so we are used to it working sometimes and other times not working. But I am getting pressure to roll something like this out to another department. I've been telling them that Microsoft flow is unreliable for sending emails from SharePoint lists and library.

How many MONTHs do I have to wait for this to sync correctly?

Its finally working, but every once in awhile (maybe once or twice a month) the flows fail with the same error message. So it has gotten better without any changes on my end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Works for a long time and then all of a sudden boom it fails with mailbox doesn't exist. I go in and manually rerun the job and it works. Any thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get this too, did anyone find a resolution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,323)