Did you mean: 
Highlighted
michal_sutek
Level: Power Up

User or Group fields from item to Flow

Hello,

I have little problem, I have list where one Item contains columns:

Name, Date from, Date to, Note, Approvers, Status

Approvers field is set as "Person or Group" type - so when the Item is created there should be information like Name, email, department....

I want to made approval proces wiitch start when Item is created and send approval emails on adresses specified in Approvers field (where our sharepoint users can be pointed)

In Flow, there is possibility to insert fields from just created Item, so I should be capable to use Approvers fielad (email) as target addresses for sending approval email.

Thing is, that if I use Name, Date from, or Date to colums from created item, it retrive values ok, but if I use field Approvers (name, email or other) it will return empty string, even the column contain person/s. I have tried to retrive Approvers email from this list with Designer 2013 and it works, but in designer I cant send email with buttons so I need to make it in Flow..

shp_flow.JPG

shp_flow2.JPG

Is this some kind of BUG?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: User or Group fields from item to Flow

Hi @michal_sutek,

I saw your SharePoint list people column have multiple values, is this people have the multiple values set to true?

Microsoft Flow currently don't support reading data from people column field which have the multiple values configured.

55.PNG

If you would like Microsoft Flow to support this field with multiple values, please submit this as an idea under MIcrosoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ivan_stricek
Level: Powered On

OK thank you I will submit it :).

And two more things:

1, we have strange problem that Dates from item fex. 3.2.2017 to 5.3.2017 are in flow transformed to output with one day less like 2.2.2017 to 4.3.2017 - is there some timezones between sharepoint and flow, what should be synchronize?

2, If we want to create event in user outlook calendar, what kind of ID we shoult put into flow komponent and how can we get it?

Thank you

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ivan_stricek,

For question 1, well yes, that should be related with Time Zone.Microsoft Flow uses UTC as the timezone when querying the date from data source.

Apologize to say that currently I have no workarounds could offer.

For the Create Event, if you mean the Calendar ID, please click on the dropdown icon, which would show you the available Calendars:

1.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ivan_stricek

Yes, ok.. I can do workaround wiht classic workflow with what I just copy the dates as string into secondary list, and then use the text values from this list to put them into oroginal uploaded item as date.

The same workaround I can use for retrieving mails for more users from User or Group field. So I can use them as recipients in approval mail.

Last obsticle is that approval email dont wait for all recipients responses and cant compare number of positive and negative responses. - Hope this will be the next fix for this component.

Thank you

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ivan_stricek,

Thanks for sharing and the update.

Regards

ErikSargent

You should at least support reading the first value. Or else return an error string or something - otherwise this is impossible to troubleshoot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasted a coupple of hours before I figured I'd reach out here. My lesson is I'll spend more time with community. I also think some "error-message" would be more appropriate than implementing a flawed feature.

Mduque1234

Actually now it works for me. You just have to configure the people picker (person group field) to show field like ID then you´ll get email or whatever information you have in the profile dinamically ... let me know if that works now for you

Parmi

Hi, 

you can still achieve it using a workaround. Please read this article. 

http://sharepointmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2018/02/microsoft-flow-send-mail-to-multiple.html

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 5,679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: