cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadVine
Frequent Visitor

Using Flow to send Email to Recipients from CSV File

Following Task is planned to realize using Flow. 

Frequently list of company user emails gets exported from a system as CSV file. We cannot maintain a distribution list of the constantly changing users but have easy export to  CSV.

There is a limit to how many recipients a mail can have from Exchange Portal. Due to security reasons we don't want to increase that limit. 

Flow watches for new entries of a Sharepoint list. Sends a Mail with Subject, Text from the List with the csv Attachment as recipients. If the CSV has more than 500 entries it splits the List in first 500, second 500 buckets and sends 2 or 3 mails after another from a shared mailbox.

My current issue is that Get Attachments always expects more than one attachment, resulting in a for each, we do not need.

The "Create CSV Table" block is expecting an array, not an actual CSV.

Another solution would be to store a Recipientslist.csv in a DocLib. How to format the recipients list from csv so we can use it with send an email v2 from a shared mailbox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was still not able to get the CSV attachment into a workable file. Would still be interested in making it work with attachement content (1 file) and iterating through each element to make several BCC sending Lists.

Here is a workaround I managed to put together with a table formatted xslx and the Limits set to max (5000 Rows) 

2020-06-29 09_31_16-Edit your flow _ Power Automate and 30 more pages - POI User - Microsoft​ Edge.png

2020-06-29 09_30_45-Edit your flow _ Power Automate and 30 more pages - POI User - Microsoft​ Edge.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@RadVine 

Compose 2 contains all employee email separated by semicolon which you can use in send email action.

Annotation 2020-06-22 225019.jpg

Note- All excel connectors work only when your excel has table. if your CSV does not have table please use format as table.

Thanks

Hardesh

rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

The approach mentioned by @Hardesh15  should work in your scenario. You can leverage output of compose in "send an email" action TO line.

Thanks for the response.

I did that (and a select of the right column) but apparently the selected table only holds 256 of the necessary 3400 mail addresses we would like to have. Quick googling showed that there is a limit to the connector.

Is there a way of splitting and selecting specific rows of this table and skipping empty table rows? (like row 1-255; 256-512; 513-768 aso. to workaround that limit?)

Not sure what oData is capable of.

@RadVine 

Right click on "..." and go to settings and enable pagination and set limit 5000. Then it will take all your entries.Annotation 2020-06-23 193608.jpg

O-data: it allows you to filter your data based on query. Suppose you want to filter data between two dates then you can use this option. It will give you only selected date range data.

Top Count- you can define how many count flow pick from top. suppose you defined 1000 and your excel has 2000 then it will pick 1000 from top.

if it solves your problem please mark this as solution.

Thanks

Hardesh

I was still not able to get the CSV attachment into a workable file. Would still be interested in making it work with attachement content (1 file) and iterating through each element to make several BCC sending Lists.

Here is a workaround I managed to put together with a table formatted xslx and the Limits set to max (5000 Rows) 

2020-06-29 09_31_16-Edit your flow _ Power Automate and 30 more pages - POI User - Microsoft​ Edge.png

2020-06-29 09_30_45-Edit your flow _ Power Automate and 30 more pages - POI User - Microsoft​ Edge.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (972)