cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Using Populate Word Document / Create File on SharePoint shows different results App / Web view

I am running into a strange issue. I have a flow that queries CDS to build a score card of a project. The data is filled into the Populate Word document action and saved to SharePoint as a new file.

The problem, during testing I was using "Open in browser" to test and view my results. I see the data showing up. I then opened it in the app to look at it and my last two queries for results are no longer on the document. The document's results are different between the open in browser and open in app.

Ljrain_0-1597685223893.png

I am thinking this is caching related, but can't prove it. I have deleted the file and waited to run it.

Any ideas what is going on? Anyone see this before?

Ljrain_0-1597675063703.png

UPDATE:
I added an additional action using OneDrive for Business to create the same file to OneDrive.  Both the web and app view of the  Word document now look the same on OneDrive but NOT on SharePoint.

Ljrain_0-1597687473440.png

I am thinking my issues is related to the Word template like this post mentions. Trying to resolve this as I can't deploy the template to all users.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/open-word-template-from-sharepoint-in-word-lo...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Using Populate Word Document / Create File on SharePoint shows different results App / Web view

Hello @Ljrain 

Thanks for the update information on thread, I will try also to research about it and see I am able to find any relevant information. Me personally speaking I've never seen such scenario.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,927)