cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using an Excel file

Hi: 

I'm using some excel file to obtain rows to work with. This excel has a query through Power Query complement. When Flow access to the file, include a new column with a Powerapps code. After that I can't refresh data from power query and I have to delete the sheet result to recharge again. 

Do you have any solution? 

By the way, do exist any way to refresh the power query data automatically? 

BR

David

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using an Excel file

Hi @desteban,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you take a try to get the new excel data?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using an Excel file

Sure, I'll try to explain better. 

First of all: 

1) I have an excel file with power query complement using a query to obtain data from a SQL data base. In normal use, I can refresh data in seconds to update the data. Te result goes to in a table. 

From Flow: 

I have a flow thats, every week, gets the row data from the table and something with the results. Flow include a column at the end of the table like this: 

__PowerAppsId__

OQOPzVCtwiA

After that, next week, when I have to refresh the query, doesn't function and I have to delete the result table and recharge again in a new sheet to obtain a new result table, it allows to refresh an obtain a new result that it can be read again from Flow.

From Flow I have using: 

Captura.PNG

I seems that the connector from flow (obtain rows) add a column that disable the refresh of data from a power query connections. 

I hope I could explain myself more clearly. 

BR

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,959)