cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itProg
Frequent Visitor

Using dynamic content as a document's title inside sharepoint's "get file metadata" not working"

Hello,

I'm new to power automate, and I'm trying to build a flow where everytime a form gets a response, a sharepoint's existing document change its properties based on the form's response. Here's the flow:

itProg_4-1635189062480.png

mm.png

mm.png

If I manually type the document's name at "get file metadata"'s file identifier instead of "variable".docx, the flow actually works without any problems, but if I use that dynamic content to it (one of the form's responses), I get the following error (the document I'm trying to update is titled "test.docx":

mm.png

I'm guessing it's a logic error on my part? I can't tell what's wrong. If someone could help me, I would gladly accept it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itProg
Frequent Visitor

I was able to solve it. I changed "Get file metadata" to "Get file metadata using path" and it worked correctly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
itProg
Frequent Visitor

I was able to solve it. I changed "Get file metadata" to "Get file metadata using path" and it worked correctly

View solution in original post

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itProg :

Glad to hear that you have solved this problem and thanks for your feed back.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,258)