cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gvg1

Using dynamic name in Copy file

Hi folks,

I am building a flow that copies some file in the same Sharepoint folder. My problem is that the name of the file to be copied differs from month to month. I tried to build a variable before the Copy file step (formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'MM')) to be used as dynamic content to build my file name aka "Sales 2022-08.xlsx" but I am struggling to provide correct string in the "File to Copy" part. I use this syntax to build dynamic file name but it doesn't seem to work. Instead of value "2022-08" to be inserted into the file name I get that formatDateTime formula :

Capture.PNG

How do I correctly build the dynamic name? Tried without single quotes, tried using "&" for concatenation - nothing works. Googled a lot without any success.

Thanks for any tips.

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

You'll want to use concat() as an expression, using the expression tab which is to the left of your dynamic content tab

@manuelstgomes has a great blog post on how this can be used:

https://manueltgomes.com/reference/powerautomate-function-reference/concat-function/

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,557)