cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattAtTTU
Frequent Visitor

Using flow to move large files from ODfB to SharePoint

I've had trouble getting a flow to move files larger than 100MB from OneDrive for Business to SharePoint.  I have a process that allows a video file submission via Microsoft Forms.  The video has to be stored in OneDrive per the Forms requirement.  I need to then move it to a SharePoint Team Site document library.  I use the OD Get File Content with Path to retrieve the file contents and then the Create file in SharePoint library to create it at the destination.  As far as I can tell, the file content is always null for files over 100MB.  

What's interesting is I can login to the OneDrive for Business web interface, select files larger than 100MB and move them to SharePoint using the 'Move' button without any issue.  It seems like that too would be using Flow logic but perhaps it isn't. 

Anyone had a similar issue or know how to automate these large files being moved to SharePoint?

2 REPLIES 2
efialttes
Super User
Super User

@MattAtTTU 

Not sure if the reason is this one

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config#message-size

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yeah, I'm aware of that limitation.  It just seems like the way this works through the ODfB web app is essentially the same as Flow.  It works there so why can't it work in Flow?  I've also seen other articles that say files over 100mb may have different results than desired indicating they *may* work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,237)