cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using support/no-reply account as from address in send email action throws ‘You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.’ error

Hello,

I needed help with setting up ‘from address’ in the ‘Send Email’ action in the Approval flows.

The approval flow is a manually triggered flow which means the flow will be run on the current user’s instance. I have to set up the support/no-reply email address as a sender for all emails send within the flow.

I am getting the error ‘You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.’

After doing quite a bit of research I found out that this is due to the email delegation permission not set for the support/no-reply account. It works fine if I have added the test user to have mail delegate permissions to the support/no-reply account. However in my scenario to have all users that use the flow to have mail delegation permission would not be ideal.

Is there any other alternative or solution to this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Using support/no-reply account as from address in send email action throws ‘You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.’ error

Hi!

So if delegation is not an option, the workaround that is working for me is inspired in this thread: split your Flow in two.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Sending-email-as-From-Send-as-issue/td-p/...

Two approaches are suggested in the thread: an HTTP (premium) based, and a sharepoint based.

Instead of the HTTP trigger, we first I setup a Sharepoint list with several columns (From, To, CC, Body, etc. and Status (Pending/Sent), then I have my current first flow add a new row to the sharepoint list with the email related content... instead of sending the email.

Next, we have N instances of this second flow running, one per potential sender in our team... so we export the second flow among them and they inport it with they own credentials. This second flow checks for new items added in the sharepoint list. If sender matches with 'Get my profile' action block and status is Pending... this second flow sends the email and updates item status.

Not very efficient if nr of emails/senders is high... but this is the best we got

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Using support/no-reply account as from address in send email action throws ‘You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.’ error

Hi @sp_install,

I recommend you to create a distribution list noreply@yourdomain.com (no members) and assign all users right to send as this distribution list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (6,110)