cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacation request flow - approval email not working

I created a Form for staff members to request vacation days.

I then created a Flow that notifies me when someone requests vacation, and allows me to approve or deny each request using the Flow.

However, when I approve/deny each request, the person requesting the vacation does not get an email telling them whether it has been approved or not. Instead I get a message saying my Flow has failed. 

The 'To' field of the approved/rejected email is 'Responder's email' but I don't have an email field within the Form. Could that be why it isn't working?

5 REPLIES 5
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Can you share a screeshot from your current Flow design? Please remember to expand the action blocks first so we can see their inputs settings

Can you also share the error message?

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the screenshots. 

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.36.42.png

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.36.23.png

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.36.30.png

@Anonymous

From your screenshot I can see the Yes branch different that the No, can you expand both and explain why you are using different actions for sending email I believe in all cases you want the responder to receive a notification, is this correct? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi!

Now, just guessing... does your flow always take the 'false' branch, I mean, you always receive a notification email from 'Send an email' action block no matter you accept of reject the Approval? If so, I would try by replacing 'Response' dynamic content from your Condition action block and using 'Outcome' dynamic content instead.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I want them to receive an email whether their requested is Approved (yes) or Rejected (no). Do you know how I would set that up? I don't want the Nos to be added to a list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,526)