cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kin_Mike

Variables not working in "File content" when using "Create file"

I am having a strange issue where the values of my variables aren't being applied in the "File content" when using the "Create file" action.

I have another flow where this works just fine, I've compared steps but I am stumped. Even when creating a more basic and trimmed down version of the flow (picture attached) it still inputs "@variables('variable')" instead of the value. It doesn't even appear in the flow properly after you save and go back into to edit. Has something changed with flow lately?

I've attached a copy of the working flow as well.

Not Working:

https://ibb.co/cxzNPMn

Working:

https://ibb.co/KWnPHCP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@Kin_Mike Variables in File Content work fine for me.

CFernandes_1-1599485677297.png

Options 1 - delete the 'Create file' action and re-add it. 

Option 2- Add the Compose action create the File content and pass the Output of the Compose action.

CFernandes_2-1599485749482.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@Kin_Mike Variables in File Content work fine for me.

CFernandes_1-1599485677297.png

Options 1 - delete the 'Create file' action and re-add it. 

Option 2- Add the Compose action create the File content and pass the Output of the Compose action.

CFernandes_2-1599485749482.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

The compose function did it! Thanks @CFernandes !

@Kin_Mike I am glad that your problem has been resolved. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,222)