cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jobiewan
Level: Powered On

Versioning in Flow

I've successfully built an approval flow that will copy a file from one SharePoint library to another when the file is approved. The flow "replaces" any existing document with the new one if the names are the same. However, it will not register that new document as a new version in the destination document library. Is there a way to fix this so that there is active versioning in the destination library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Versioning in Flow

Hi @jobiewan,

Unfortunately, the copied file's version will be reset as 1.0 and the version could not be edit, so you can not accumulate the version according to the original file.

If you use the Move file action, the version will not be reset.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@jobiewan 

I just ran a quick test and found that a new version was created when I created a new file with the same name.

Can you verify that versioning is turned on in the document library?

If versioning is turned on and you are still experiencing this issue, can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
jobiewan

Versioning is turned on (major versions) in both libraries, and the file copies over just fine, but the version never changes unless I open the file within the destination library and change something there. But I'd like the copy file action to also create a new version.Flow.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jobiewan,

I have tested on my side that when a file was created in a folder, copy it to a destination folder, and the copied file will be shown as version 1.0.

What's your issue is the version of the copied file isn't 1.0, right? Or you want to update your copied file each time Version will accumulate?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jobiewan

Exactly. I would like the versions in the destination folder to accumulate as well. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jobiewan,

Unfortunately, the copied file's version will be reset as 1.0 and the version could not be edit, so you can not accumulate the version according to the original file.

If you use the Move file action, the version will not be reset.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,258)