cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual Studio Team Services Connector: Can´t connect with different Account

Hi,

we are trying to synchronize jira & vsts with flow. When I connect to visual studio team services the connector takes the current login of flow (businessaccount@flow.de). But this is actually not the one which has accecs to team project in vsts (msdnuseraccount@outlook.de). Single Sign on is sometimes a good thing but not in this case.

My question is: Is there any way to use the vsts connector with a different account (msdnuseraccount@outlook.de) ?

What i tried so far is using differnt browsers (Firefox 55.0.3, Edge 38.14393.1066.0) and also started them in private mode.

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You should be able to switch the credentials by clicking top right of the VSTS action added in Flow:

84.PNG

Besides, you may also first create the VSTS connection under the Connections portal, then switch the credentials instead of adding it under Flow configuration.

For more information about manage connections, check:

Manage connections in Microsoft Flow

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

No, you are not able to switch the credentials when you click on "add new connection". After clicking on it you are forwarded to an login-popup where you only can accept or decline to grant flow the permission to access vsts with the current account logon to flow.

Thanks for feedback

BG

Stefan

As Stefan notes, you are not able to switch credentials, creating a connection via the /manage/environments/-page also results in the same behaviour. It connects you to visual studio using your currently logged in account.

In my case, this renders the connector completely useless.

Ramazan_BIYIK
Advocate II
Advocate II

I think you can do it with VSTS settings. Go to manager account main page on VSTS. Click user. Add an account with a Basic Access. Add  that user to your project. After that you can see that account on your flow when you choose the manager account.Screenshot_55.pngScreenshot_54.pngScreenshot_53.pngScreenshot_56.png

As you can see ı can see both account. But ı can't access all the project inside manager account as expected. I hope it could help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,835)