cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Walker Advocate I
Advocate I

What does the Flow action "Get Items" do?

I'm trying to schedule a weekly export of a sharepoint list, in any format really.

In Flow there is a Sharepoint action called "Get Items" but I'm struggling to find documentation on how this action functions, and where its output goes.

If it does "Get items" what can I do with it next?

Many thanks for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: What does the Flow action "Get Items" do?

Hi @Walker

The "Get items" action retrieves all the items' in a SharePoint list. It gives you all the column, their values and some other information. One approach I normally take to learn what the triggers and actions return, I set up some test Flows, run them and see the outputs. You can then use this information for other things. What those other things are, they're up to you.

I know there aren't too many detailed tutorials, but here's one place to start:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/guided-learning/

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support
Community Support

Re: What does the Flow action "Get Items" do?

Hi @Walker,

The "Get items" action of SharePoint connector would retrieve all items of a specific SharePoint list. Within the "Get items" action, you should specify a Site Address (such as, https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename) and a List Name.

In addition, the result that the "Get items" action returns is an array, so you could use a "Apply to each" action to iterate each item of the array.9.JPG

Within the "Apply to each" action, you could obtain all columns(Including System columns and custom columns) and their corresponding values of each item:10.JPG

Please check and see if the following article would help understand the usage of the "Get items" action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Update-a-secondary-SharePoint-list...

More details about the usage of "Get items" action, please check the following article:

The "Get items" action of SharePoint connector

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (9,107)