cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiffany-Jo
Level: Powered On

When Flow Failed

Hi 

When the flow failed, we received the notification that told *** run failed 3 times.
After I checked the run history,  I found only one failed record. Could you please kindly tell why there is the gap?
And then I opened the run that failed and I clicked the Resubmit, this time it run successfully, however the status of this run itself is still Failed. I am afraid the notification will be sent constantly.Is my understanding correct? Is there any way to change the status if it is Failed?

キャプチャ2.JPGキャプチャ.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: When Flow Failed

Hello,

I have noticed that there are sometimes more numbers in the email than shown in the UI.

This may be because some flow runs have been cleaned up. The best thing to monitor with would be FlowStudioApp and keep an eye on your flow.

A resubmission is a "new flow" run and will incorporate any changes you have made to fix any problematic actions.

Therefore the original will remain in the failed state.

You can capture errors and set the run to successful but this will make your flow more complex, as it could error at any action etc.

Tiffany-Jo
Level: Powered On

HI @Gristy Thank you very much.

If the resubmission will fix any problematic actions, the notification will not be sent, right?

Super User
Super User

The resubmission runs with the latest version of the flow, whereas the failed one could of run of a previous version.

For instance if there was a action that was causing the flow to fail then a resubmission would avoid this action if the action has been deleted.

Hope that helps clear this up 🙂 But yes if its successfully running = no email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,525)