cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CboakeUIT
Frequent Visitor

When an existing item is modified - async updates to list item

Hi all,

I have a flow that is triggered "When an existing item is modified" in a SharePoint List that's part of a content approval business process. This flow checks the Content approval status of the list item and then does stuff.

The issue is that the "Content approval status" of the Triggerbody doesn't always match the new status of the list item. I'm assuming that the SP list item is updated async and when the Flow is triggered the Triggerbody info is picked up statically, so if the update isn't done before the Flow is triggered then I have the old status not the new one.

I put in a work around to get all list items and then match ids to the Triggerbody, then do stuff with the matching item's attributes instead of the Triggerbody attributes. Anyone else have another suggestion? This will make the Flow run for way longer once we have lots of items in the SP list, so it'd be great to find another solution.

Thanks,

UIT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CboakeUIT,

You can add a delay action after the trigger so that the Flow be triggered it will have enough time to update the item. After a delay, you can add the Get item action once more to get the latest properties of the item. Then according to the status of Approval to determine whether sync to the other list item.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CboakeUIT,

You can add a delay action after the trigger so that the Flow be triggered it will have enough time to update the item. After a delay, you can add the Get item action once more to get the latest properties of the item. Then according to the status of Approval to determine whether sync to the other list item.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Lin Tu,

Got it, I had missed the Get Item (singular) when looking through the actions. This should work just fine, thanks!

UIT

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,967)