cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

When an item is deleted in sharepoint, trigger error

I've been using this flow for a long time and now the trigger is broken.  I've re-built it a couple times and the same error appears on the 'When an item is deleted' trigger for SharePoint.  When I click on 'Fix the trigger', I see this error,

"status": 403,
"message": "Only Site Collection Admins are allowed to use this trigger...."
Is the trigger broken?  How do I fix this?

Item is deleted trigger error.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: When an item is deleted in sharepoint, trigger error

Unfortunately, unless you are a site collection admin for the site you won't be able to fix it.  MS discovered some security vulnerabilities around that trigger, so earlier this year the removed most of the metadata from that trigger.  They said they were going to put the metadata back, but would restrict its use in the future to only users with site collection admin permissions.  I suspect the change is just hitting now. So if you aren't a site collection admin you won't be able to use that trigger anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taramoe ,

Please consider having Site Collection Admin help you create this Flow to monitor deletion of the list items.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Unfortunately, unless you are a site collection admin for the site you won't be able to fix it.  MS discovered some security vulnerabilities around that trigger, so earlier this year the removed most of the metadata from that trigger.  They said they were going to put the metadata back, but would restrict its use in the future to only users with site collection admin permissions.  I suspect the change is just hitting now. So if you aren't a site collection admin you won't be able to use that trigger anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taramoe ,

Please consider having Site Collection Admin help you create this Flow to monitor deletion of the list items.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (6,214)