I have an approval flow working where if an item is approved from one Sharepoint Online list the flow creates another item in a different list.
The problem we are getting is that the original list item has a field called description which is set to Enhanced Rich Text when the flow creates a new list item using the description from the original item the new field gets populated with everything from it including the html markup. The new field is also Enhanced Rich Text.
Is there anyway to resolve this ? Apart from maybe switching both fields to plain text.
Can you please verify that the multi-line text column in the destination list is not set to plain text? The only way I can replicate your issue is by having the column in the source list be set to rich or enhanced rich text and the destination column set to plain text.
Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?
Is the Description column a Multiple lines of text type column in your Original list?
Further, do you want to insert the Description value from the Original list into another list as a plain text?
I suppose that the Description column is a Multiple lines of text type column in your Original list, is it true? If you want to insert the Description value from the Original list into another list as a plain text, I think the "Html to text" action could achieve your needs.
I have created two SharePoint lists on my side and the data structure of them as below:
Note: The Description column is a Multiple lines of text type column in my OriginalList, the Destination_Description column is a Single line of text type column in my DestinationList.
I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:
The flow works successfully as below:
Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:
Thanks for that.
It actually appears that something I am doing with Powerapps to modify the Sharepoint List form is breaking the field on the new Sharepoint List.
I am changing some properties (hiding it from certain users) of another field on the modern form using Powerapps and this is breaking the way the description field is displayed becuase if I setup a new list and don't change anything it works fine.
I will ask the question about the form over in Powerapps and report back here.