cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielGlenn

When posting to Twitter, the @ symbol is not being posted by Flow

I have several flows that are posting to Twitter and on each of them I want to 'mention' another Twitter account. For instance, if it is a blog post that triggers the Flow, I want my Twitter message to post the title of the blog post and then @ mention the author's Twitter account which I have hardcoded into the Flow. However, Flow posts to Twitter without the @ symbol.

Is this indended behavior or should this function as I have described?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
clamanna
Power Automate
Power Automate

In this particular case, this is “by design” – we need to strip out the mentions because Twitter will otherwise disable the Flow application key for abuse, which would impact all Flow users (other services, like IFTTT, have had to do the same).

We are trying to find ways where we can still light up this scenario (e.g. allowing you to bring your own Twitter application key), but nothing locked yet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
efialtes
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@DanielGlenn

I tried with double @, but got the same results as you describe. It's extrange, since 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt643789.aspx

states that:

If a literal string is needed that starts with @, it must be escaped by using @@

Think that it is disabled for SPAM reasons. Same behavior tha IFTTT where you cannot tweet @ automatically.

clamanna
Power Automate
Power Automate

In this particular case, this is “by design” – we need to strip out the mentions because Twitter will otherwise disable the Flow application key for abuse, which would impact all Flow users (other services, like IFTTT, have had to do the same).

We are trying to find ways where we can still light up this scenario (e.g. allowing you to bring your own Twitter application key), but nothing locked yet.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the follow-up - I look forward to what the future holds!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,294)