cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

When running flow, it gets stuck and runs nonstop without ending

I created this flow and tested without issues.  I used two spreadsheets to compare to and then successfully deleted rows that contained the same value within a specified spreadsheet.  That test was using about ten lines in each spreadsheet for comparison.  I then launched to full scale using about 176 lines in each for comparison.  Now, the flow just gets stuck.  Getting a message saying my flow may be using more actions than expected, but not sure why this is suddenly a problem.  Here are some screens of my flow.  

Two tables being compared

tdickson_0-1604348566973.png

Apply to each using the values from above tables and then creating the action to delete rows in one spreadsheet using a conditional statement

tdickson_1-1604348628800.png

These flows are part of the per-user license.  Again, these flows were working just fine.  The only change was the amount of data within the spreadsheets (more rows).  Need help on this ASAP.  Please and thank you.  Feel free to ask any questions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

kay.  Was finally able to figure this out.  CASE does matter when comparing two spreadsheets.  This makes sense if there is code being compared, so I get it.  I also removed the entire apply to each 4 in this case.  This was done because the time of the completion was erratic, but would take a very long time.  The reason is because as new responses came in, the spreadsheet was updating and then having to be redone over and over until it was able to finish without any more updates.  Instead, I created an action within my flow that is retrieving results.  As a person submits their response, the response is recorded and then the last action, is to remove the user from the spreadsheet where no replies are recorded.  Hope that makes sense and hope this helps someone in the future.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor

Also, here is the current flow status I am seeing

tdickson_0-1604348940884.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tdickson,

I think it is caused by Excel has many rows, and it needs time to compare.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey there.  Not a possibility.  The sheets, as stated above, only have 176 rows.  So, that doesn't make any sense.  I've actually been working with Microsoft directly.  Looks to be too many API calls.  So, my flow is being throttled.  

Frequent Visitor

This is still an issue.  Not being throttled as originally suspected.  Flow takes two hours to complete.  Completion is successful.  However, the action shown in Apply to Each 4 are being skipped for some reason.  Receiving error "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Delete_a_row_2' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied."  Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.  Looked at others who had the same error, but their flows were completely different making this difficult to compare.

tdickson_0-1609866832619.png

Frequent Visitor

kay.  Was finally able to figure this out.  CASE does matter when comparing two spreadsheets.  This makes sense if there is code being compared, so I get it.  I also removed the entire apply to each 4 in this case.  This was done because the time of the completion was erratic, but would take a very long time.  The reason is because as new responses came in, the spreadsheet was updating and then having to be redone over and over until it was able to finish without any more updates.  Instead, I created an action within my flow that is retrieving results.  As a person submits their response, the response is recorded and then the last action, is to remove the user from the spreadsheet where no replies are recorded.  Hope that makes sense and hope this helps someone in the future.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (62,227)