cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMarty

When the status of a DocuSign envelope changes, create a SharePoint file template not posting PDF

Hello All,

New to Power Automate and the forum.  Thanks to the community for creating the DocuSign to SharePoint template.  I'm having one issue that my flow is posting a general file and not a true PDF.  When this template is run should it not post a PDF?  I'm sure there's an easy solution for this, but I cannot find the right thread to solve this issue.  Any help will be appreciated.

TemplateTemplateFlow runs but no PDF extensionFlow runs but no PDF extension

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MrMarty 

In the Create File action, check the File Name field.

Only Envelop ID provided as name of the File. You need to provide file extension .pdf as well.

You can use expression concat to combine the envelop id and ".pdf".

Give a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MrMarty 

In the Create File action, check the File Name field.

Only Envelop ID provided as name of the File. You need to provide file extension .pdf as well.

You can use expression concat to combine the envelop id and ".pdf".

Give a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the replay.  I'm out of my comfort zone, but I did put this into the formula:  concat(body('Get_envelope_documents'),'.pdf') and it was able to update.  I'll respond when it processes the next completion.

@MrMarty 

Can you provide the screen shot of the flow action where you kept the expression for the file? The expression should not be placed directly in the field but it should be kept in the Expression tab.

Example:

Capture.JPG

If my replies were helpful, can you please mark the solution as Accepted Solution. So that other users can use this post as a reference.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Sorry, I misread what you said to do so I updated the correct area I think.  See below:

Updated File Name using concatUpdated File Name using concat

@MrMarty 

Looks good to me. Update here once you have a result.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Thank you Krishna Rachakonda it worked perfectly.  See below:

Document posted as PDFDocument posted as PDF

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (57,563)