cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mohoelx
Level: Powered On

Where are approvals stored?

Working on a flow to request approvals from 2 to x approvers. I have most items working the way I need, but if I do not capture some element of the approval response at run-time, is there a repository somewhere that I could go back and search based on Approval ID and generate a report?

Thanks -

Edit: realized the subject said 'attachments' when I am looking for where "approvals" are stored....

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Where are approvals stored?

Hi @Mohoelx,

It is possible currently to browse the history of your approvals by checking the Approval center. The consolidated Approval center gives you a way to see your Received requests, your Sent requests, and your full approval History.

Please check the blog on Approvals history at here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/approval-history-accessibility/

However, I am afraid that it would be not possible to search based on Approval ID and generate a report, if you need this feature, please feel free submit your idea at Flow Ideas Forum so that it would be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jambo1
Level: Powered On

Hi @Mohoelx, the way I do it is to store the result of the approval into a list that I can refer to later on. The history of the approval disappears after some time so I need to store from an Audit point of view Jambo
awlskier
Level: Power Up

Do you have any tips / instructions on how you built that?  I would love to see that work.  We have a list we are using today, and running flows for review / approval from those list items, using Get ID from the list.  We sometimes have multiple approvals per list item, one for UAT, one for Production Signoff for IT stuff.

I'd love to have related list store all of that info.  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,049)