cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Where does user find a run-only flow?

Sorry, this is probably a really simple thing, but I've created a flow that is manually triggered. I've then added a user (and intend to add a lot more) with run-only permissions.

My question is, how does this user actually run it? I've logged in as their account and can't find the flow when selecting the Flow tile from portal.office.com, so where does the user need to go to actually trigger the flow?

The intended purpose of this flow is to run on OneDrive content and would typically be run from a PC/laptop as opposed to a mobile device. Ideally I would like it to be available in a centralised location (e.g. from clicking on the Flow tile from portal.office.com).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Where does user find a run-only flow?

Hi @JojenReed,

It seems that your flow is triggered by a Flow button. When running a flow that is triggered by a button, after adding your group members as run-only users, they could trigger the flow on Flow mobile app. Please suggest your group members to install the Flow mobile app then trigger the flow on it.

If you also want to trigger the run-only user flow from a PC/laptop, please consider submitting a request on Flow ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JojenReed,

It seems that your flow is triggered by a Flow button. When running a flow that is triggered by a button, after adding your group members as run-only users, they could trigger the flow on Flow mobile app. Please suggest your group members to install the Flow mobile app then trigger the flow on it.

If you also want to trigger the run-only user flow from a PC/laptop, please consider submitting a request on Flow ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Strange but I have added few members as Run-Only users for the flow that is being triggered by the flow button but non of them are able to see the flow!! On the other hand, when I add these users as Owner they are able to see the flow but not when they are added as Run-Only users.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Parth

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

A button Flow can be added to the mobile app for the run-only user.  They may need to select Get More at the top of the Buttons view on the app.

Using a web browser (eg on a PC) go to the Dynamics portal (start at www.office.com and select Dynamics) to find the Flow represented as an app.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

The flow buttons are no longer on Dynamics since a recent update apparently.

Is the only place to access them now in the mobile flow app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,823)