cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carem
Helper III
Helper III

Which best choice: Flow to get data from Lookup Column or Additional Column from Lookup Column?

I have some Lists:

- 1.1 Country: Country ID, Country Name

- 1.2 Purpose: Purpose ID, Purpose Name

- 2. Product: Product ID, Product Name, Country ID, Country Name, Purpose ID, Purpose Name, Price

- 3. Sale Order: SO number, Product ID, Country ID, Purpose ID, Price

- 4. Process Tracking: Process ID, SO number, Product ID, Country ID, Price, Process Status

- 5. Delivery Tracking: Process ID, Product ID, Delivery TIme

These lists describe a Process. The following lists will use the data in the previous lists.

I very confuse that I should use Flow to get data from the Lookup Column or Additional Column from Lookup Column to get the data from the previous Lists into the List after.

I think:

- If we using Additional Column from Lookup Column, we can't use Lookup Column again in the Lists after to get these data (Lookup Column doesn't support Lookup Column). But we can use flow to get data at the step we are stuck with, right?

=> So, Should we only use Flow with 1 Lookup Column to collect right ID Item from another List, and fill the data in the list we need? But with this approach, we must create each Flow for each Lookup Column we create, It's quite cumbersome and time-consuming. And the flows need time to finish their job, so the data is not fill up right the time we finish the form.

In my example, Can you show me the steps I should take in each list above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carem ,

You could use flow to get data from other lists with lookup column.

Please share more details about your requirement and we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carem ,

You could use flow to get data from other lists with lookup column.

Please share more details about your requirement and we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,100)