Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorge_s
Helper I
Helper I

Workaround to SharePoint site not created for Teams channels

Hi,

do you know of any workaround to get SharePoint sites created when Teams Channels are created using the Microsoft Grahp API?

At the moment those are only created when a user click on the Files tab in the channel.

I need to create folder structure when the Channel is created.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jorge_s ,

Each Teams channel corresponds to the folders in the Document library. So when you create a teams channel, a folder with the same name will be automatically created in the Document library.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

The problem is that the SharePoint site is not created for the Channel until a user actually clicks on the Files tab.

Hello @Jorge_s 

The SharePoint site is created for the Teams, not for the Channel. As @v-bacao-msft  stated, the Channel is reflected in the SharePoint site as a folder in the Documents library of the SharePoint site.

Try this - open the Teams in SharePoint and navigate to the Documents library.

Then run your flow and see if a new folder for your new Channel will be created.

You should then be able to use the SharePoint connector to upload a file to the Channel folder.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,729)