cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XML Parsing - Xpath?

I know XML and Xpath are a bit old nowadays, but a lot of HTTP web services use it. I have a HTTP web service that is returning XML and I'd like to process it and pull out some data using Xpath. I've seen Xpath can be used in Azure Logic apps which Flow is an extension of, but I can't work out how I would do it in MS Flow.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. Or, word from the dev's that it can't be done would be good to know as well!

Thanks

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: XML Parsing - Xpath?

It's an advanced functionality, but you can use Azure Logic apps functions inside of your flow. The way to do this is to do something like:

"My value: @{someFunction('foo')}". Then someFunction() will be called. Thus, if you know how to use the xpath function you can use that here. Note, however, that once you do this it will "lock" that text box in Flow so to edit it later you'll need to delete/recreate that action. Generally, we'd recommend Logic apps for those types of scenarios.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,311)