cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sutekhtheflow
Helper I
Helper I

You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.

Afternoon

I've inherited some Flows and swapped out a user's connecters with a service account, which is fine. I've got that to work. 

However I'm having issues when it comes to sending emails in the Flow. So it either skips the action as it does with the action below:

FlowEmailError.PNG

Or I get an error saying 'You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.' and falls over with the action below:

FlowEmailError2.PNG

I've checked the service user outlook connector and in Data> Connectors and it says it's connected. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@sutekhtheflow 

The error that says that says "You are not authorized" indicates that the service account has not been granted permissions to send emails from the shared mailbox.  You'll need to have that permission granted.

You'll need to provide more info on the email action that was skipped - a screen shot of the Flow would be helpful.  Is the action inside of a condition?  No error generated?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks @ScottShearer 

Here's the Flow and the error. It's failing on the Email to Confirm Form Submission email action. 

ErrorEmailtoConfirmFormSubmission.PNG

Lightman
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error.

The executions of my flow are irregular, sometimes it sends the mail and other times the error occurs.

Other flows don't have this irregularity, so thinking of change the trigger event, now powerapps in the irregular case.

Which permission is that exactly?

Hi @AndrLins,

or "Send as" or "Send on behalf of". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,264)