cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itahir04

auto Refresh excel file

Hi Community,

I have taken an extract of a sharepoint list in an excel file. Everytime sharepoint list is updated, I would like my excel extract file to be updated so that I don't have to manually Refresh it.

My ideal flow will read any updates in sharepoint list and refresh excel extract to update it.

Can you please help me build that flow. Thanks,

Rana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itahir04 ,

Do you mean synchronizing the contents of Excel table and SharePoint list? Of course, this refers to the part of the required column.

You could use the following way to create Flow.

Necessary conditions:

• Define an Excel table, and have created the corresponding fields in SharePoint list.
  • Fields must contain fields with unique values. It is recommended to use the item ID.

Image reference:

SharePoint List

14.PNG

Flow configuration

13.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itahir04 ,

Do you mean synchronizing the contents of Excel table and SharePoint list? Of course, this refers to the part of the required column.

You could use the following way to create Flow.

Necessary conditions:

• Define an Excel table, and have created the corresponding fields in SharePoint list.
  • Fields must contain fields with unique values. It is recommended to use the item ID.

Image reference:

SharePoint List

14.PNG

Flow configuration

13.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I think @itahir04 is talking about the SharePoint list "export to excel" function that will link the SharePoint list data to the export file when the excel file clicks the refresh button or refresh by a hotkey(Ctrl+Alt+F5), refer to below snapshot.

Cause I also face the same issue, I would like to let the export's Excel file can automatically refresh by itself in SharePoint Library, it will be perfect for the update function for my case.

By the way, flow is necessary for me cause the SharePoint library's files requires to check-out while it edited.

I had survey several websites, but still not really sure how to make it hope you have any instruction! Thank you.

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/220669/excel-refresh-every-x-minutes-in-sharepoint

http://sharepointlink.blogspot.com/2010/08/sharepoint-2010-excel-services-and.html

refresh.png

Regards,

ilu989

This woks perfectly and saved my day. 

However, when I delete an item from the list, it still remains in the excel. Is there any way to remove that from the excel when the SP item is deleted?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,870)