Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamid
Resolver I
Resolver I

email attachments are save with no format

Hi Guys, 

I highly appreciate if someone help me with this issue that I have with my flow,

The flow is designed to get email attachments that have excel format and save them in one drive folder. all the attachments are saved with no format. although the original format in the email is excel flow 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You need to include the file extension in the file name field.  Looks like you've just got it typed in, but you can use the same Attachment Name field you're using in the condition.  If that name isn't what you want, you'll need to create the filename with extension.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You need to include the file extension in the file name field.  Looks like you've just got it typed in, but you can use the same Attachment Name field you're using in the condition.  If that name isn't what you want, you'll need to create the filename with extension.  

View solution in original post

flow 2.pngThank you for you reply, 

I have changed the name to the attachment extension and it works!

The reason I used a fixed name is to have the attachments replaced by new email attachment that I receive on a daily basis. (since the attachments come with different name.

I tried the logic: on new email arrival, delete the exiting file and then save the new one but was not working, was getting the error: Bad request on the delete folder module 

I appreciate your help

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamid,

If you want to update an existing file with the new Email attachment content, you could use the update file action instead of delete file and create file action:

Annotation 2020-05-25 110532.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft 

The problem with update file is the attachment name is always changing in the emails I receive

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,874)