cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natanz
Frequent Visitor

error diagnosis

I have a flow processing about 1200 records from an excel table and updating data on a SPO list. i have recurring errors, like the one below on only one of the records, so i know the flow logic is good, and there is something quirky about this record.  What tools are available to figure out what column '2315' is?  Whatever invalid parameter in there is unique, and i am sure if i can find, it i can fix it.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition_2' at line '1' and column '2315': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Find where you are using an Int() function or saving a value to an Int variable.  The value you are trying to process there is the problem.  This is usually either caused by a null value or a string that represents a floating point number.  Unlink a lot of computer languages you Int() can't roundoff a number with a decimal portion to an integer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
natanz
Frequent Visitor

unfortunately, this does not help me.  There is nothing in this particular data set (record) where i am using the int variable any differently than the other records that do not get a fail.  My real question and point is about the (non) utility of the power automate error messages. I need to track down the information in  line '1' and column '2315' but the tool gives me very little grasp of what that means, or where to even start looking for that information.

natanz
Frequent Visitor

to be more specific, my flow has found expressions in a row that are very similar to this:

IF(empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['ConstructionStart']),'1901-12-30',addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_to_each')?['ConstructionStart']),'MM.dd.yyyy'))

it is the only place i invoke the int() function.  i have many records with null data in the construction start (the other three fields where i invoke the int() function are ConstructionFinish, FieldConstructionStart, FieldConstructionFinish) like this one, and/or many where i change it to this placeholder 1901-12-30.  Only when i bring in this record with the flow do i get the error. It seems random, but it is very consistently only this record.  I can and will ignore it, but i hate to see my flows marked as failed for what seems like no logical reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (22,755)