I created multiple flows to connect to a single table and require a manual trigger. They have been working great for some time, but suddenly they all appear to be "turned off" (i.e. the "play" button is greyed out and cannot be activated).
I have checked the connections, the flow itself, and even created a new version of one and still cannot operate any. Can someone help me figure out what happened to them? Thanks!
Hi @asitekedkey ,
Could you provide more details about this Flow?
Do you want to trigger this Flow in Excel, but is play button always inaccessible?
You need to select any cell in the Excel table to run this flow, as below:
Please take a try.
@v-bacao-msft Thank you so much for the response. Yes, I want to trigger the Flow in Excel, but the play button is inaccessible. I have tried selecting a single cell, a whole row, multiple rows, etc. and nothing is working. This is happening with all the flows I have created (probably 10-15 in two different workbooks) and happened very suddenly. I was using the flows for several months with no issues, then suddenly a couple weeks ago they all stopped working at once.
Today I tried deleting all connections and recreating them, but that didn't work either. Any other ideas?
Hi @asitekedkey ,
You could try to update the username and password used when Excel online-Flow logs in.
Alternatively, you could update the connection for For a selected row.
Please take a try again.
Was there any solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem with the play button not activating on a "For a selected row" flows within Excel. It previously took a while to activate, but now is rarely or never activates. The table size is fairly large (~8K rows), but I'm not sure if that affects the enabling of the button.
Wanted to post an observation that I think is applicable here. I was having an issue with the Excel selected row play button enabling per my previous post. Everything was set up properly; however, I suspected the size of the file might be hampering the activation. It was approximately 15MB, but there were about a dozen columns with vlookups and errorif formulas (multiplied by 9000 rows). After removing formulas, external references, and repasting everything as values, the buttons enabled correctly.
This is from my experience only, but I would guess that Flow can only handle a sheet with ~100-120k cells with formulas before the trigger functionality becomes hampered.
Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!
Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!