cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asitekedkey
Level: Power Up

excel flows not turned on

I created multiple flows to connect to a single table and require a manual trigger.  They have been working great for some time, but suddenly they all appear to be "turned off" (i.e. the "play" button is greyed out and cannot be activated).  

I have checked the connections, the flow itself, and even created a new version of one and still cannot operate any.  Can someone help me figure out what happened to them?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: excel flows not turned on

Hi @asitekedkey ,

Could you provide more details about this Flow?

Do you want to trigger this Flow in Excel, but is play button always inaccessible?

1.PNG

You need to select any cell in the Excel table to run this flow, as below:

2.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
asitekedkey
Level: Power Up

@v-bacao-msft Thank you so much for the response.  Yes, I want to trigger the Flow in Excel, but the play button is inaccessible.  I have tried selecting a single cell, a whole row, multiple rows, etc. and nothing is working.  This is happening with all the flows I have created (probably 10-15 in two different workbooks) and happened very suddenly.  I was using the flows for several months with no issues, then suddenly a couple weeks ago they all stopped working at once. 

Today I tried deleting all connections and recreating them, but that didn't work either.  Any other ideas?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @asitekedkey ,

You could try to update the username and password used when Excel online-Flow logs in.

Alternatively, you could update the connection for For a selected row.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kyleb350
Level: Powered On

Was there any solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem with the play button not activating on a "For a selected row" flows within Excel. It previously took a while to activate, but now is rarely or never activates. The table size is fairly large  (~8K rows), but I'm not sure if that affects the enabling of the button. 

kyleb350
Level: Powered On

Wanted to post an observation that I think is applicable here. I was having an issue with the Excel selected row play button enabling per my previous post. Everything was set up properly; however, I suspected the size of the file might be hampering the activation. It was approximately 15MB, but there were about a dozen columns with vlookups and errorif formulas (multiplied by 9000 rows). After removing formulas, external references, and repasting everything as values, the buttons enabled correctly.

This is from my experience only, but I would guess that Flow can only handle a sheet with ~100-120k cells with formulas before the trigger functionality becomes hampered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,587)