cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrleetyler
Resolver I
Resolver I

expression - Update List (SP) if statement if true change text if false ignore and leave column as it was

I have one column in my SP list that will read "Sent" or "Received"

i'm running a daily check to see which we users we have received before resetting that column to "Sent" 

If we have received i want this new column to read "Received" otherwise i want it to just be ignored and just leave the contents of the column item as it was.

this is what i've come up with everything minus the false statement of item()?['1'] works (1 is the new column)

if(and(equals(item()?['IncrementEmailDay'],1),equals(item()?['Samples'],'Received')),'Received',item()?['1'])

if i leave the false statement out it fails, how can i either ignore the false statement or add what is already there back to the item if false.

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mrleetyler ,

I had a similar scenario prior where I used a Get Item By ID earlier in my flow to get the existing values of each column prior to updating.

I then used the columns from the Get Item By ID with my false condition which will update the field with the same value.  

There may be a more elegant way of doing it thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

thats not a bad idea, there has to be an easier way though surely it's not like it's a complicated request

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,252)