cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

fetchXML missing from List Records (Common Data Service). how do i enable it and are there other options?

I am trying to build a workflow solution and I have a need for the fetchXML option in List Records. I've seen it used in various tutorials, however, it is not showing up for me. Was it recently removed? I've stumbled across solutions that say to use Common Data Service (Current Environment), but that is not showing up for me either.

Basically, I am working with a CDS entity and I am trying to access a related property from another entity about 3 levels down. I can access related properties 1 level directly down from it using the expand query, but I think I need fetchXML for my more complicated use case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: fetchXML missing from List Records (Common Data Service). how do i enable it and are there other options?

Just figured it out. You have to create the Flow inside of a Solution in order for Common Data Service (Current Environment) to show up. From there, i can now use fetchXML in List Records.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: fetchXML missing from List Records (Common Data Service). how do i enable it and are there other options?

Just figured it out. You have to create the Flow inside of a Solution in order for Common Data Service (Current Environment) to show up. From there, i can now use fetchXML in List Records.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,648)