cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

getting 'Bad Request' error while updating a record owner in apply to each loop

Hi,

Can anyone help me for the problem I'm facing while assign a record to new owner. My scenario is, I have an case in D365. Using CDS connection based on a field change of incident I have reassign all assocaited email activities to new Owner.

Trigger is working fine, able to fetch the new owner and able to get all email activities asscoaited with that case. Problem is, while updating the owner of those email activities in apply to each loop, getting 'HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.' error.

Status of the email acitvity is also not completed, those emails are in Draft Status. Is there anything that I'm missing or we can't update owner of record using flow.

Any help will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Agan ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

As the error message said, the request URL is invalid in the Http action.

So please make sure the URL you used is correct.

You can try the URL in the Browser first.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm not passing/framing any URL. and if it is Odata URL then when failed, not able to figure the URL flow used to update the record. Help me how to figure that out.

Below are the screen shots of the flow.

High Level configurationHigh Level configurationupdate of each email recordupdate of each email recordno other field is updated except ownerno other field is updated except ownerOnly owner and owner type are populated.Only owner and owner type are populated.Flow when failedFlow when failedDetails of Bad Request errorDetails of Bad Request errorMore details of Bad Request errorMore details of Bad Request error

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi, 

In your flow, under the Apply to each 2 condition, for update the email record option, in the record identifier  please select some value from the List Records Options (The fileds retrieved from the get all emails action)from the dynamic content list instead of the current item.

You should be able to update the records now.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Agan wrote:

Hi,

I'm not passing/framing any URL. and if it is Odata URL then when failed, not able to figure the URL flow used to update the record. Help me how to figure that out.

Below are the screen shots of the flow.

High Level configurationHigh Level configurationupdate of each email recordupdate of each email recordno other field is updated except ownerno other field is updated except ownerOnly owner and owner type are populated.Only owner and owner type are populated.Flow when failedFlow when failedDetails of Bad Request errorDetails of Bad Request errorMore details of Bad Request errorMore details of Bad Request error

Highlighted

Hi,

I have tried mapping Message ID, Actual Start, Actual End. But nothing helped me. Error screen shot after mapping.Error screen shot after mapping.

Highlighted

have the exact same issue....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (6,652)