cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agan
Level: Powered On

getting 'Bad Request' error while updating a record owner in apply to each loop

Hi,

Can anyone help me for the problem I'm facing while assign a record to new owner. My scenario is, I have an case in D365. Using CDS connection based on a field change of incident I have reassign all assocaited email activities to new Owner.

Trigger is working fine, able to fetch the new owner and able to get all email activities asscoaited with that case. Problem is, while updating the owner of those email activities in apply to each loop, getting 'HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.' error.

Status of the email acitvity is also not completed, those emails are in Draft Status. Is there anything that I'm missing or we can't update owner of record using flow.

Any help will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: getting 'Bad Request' error while updating a record owner in apply to each loop

Hi @Agan ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

As the error message said, the request URL is invalid in the Http action.

So please make sure the URL you used is correct.

You can try the URL in the Browser first.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Agan

Re: getting 'Bad Request' error while updating a record owner in apply to each loop

Hi,

I'm not passing/framing any URL. and if it is Odata URL then when failed, not able to figure the URL flow used to update the record. Help me how to figure that out.

Below are the screen shots of the flow.

Flow_AssignEmails 2019-05-24 115748.pngHigh Level configurationAnnotation 2019-05-24 120038.pngupdate of each email recordAnnotation 2019-05-24 120118.pngno other field is updated except ownerAnnotation 2019-05-24 120158.pngOnly owner and owner type are populated.Annotation 2019-05-24 120440.pngFlow when failedAnnotation 2019-05-24 120621.pngDetails of Bad Request errorAnnotation 2019-05-24 120657.pngMore details of Bad Request error

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi, 

In your flow, under the Apply to each 2 condition, for update the email record option, in the record identifier  please select some value from the List Records Options (The fileds retrieved from the get all emails action)from the dynamic content list instead of the current item.

You should be able to update the records now.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Agan wrote:

Hi,

I'm not passing/framing any URL. and if it is Odata URL then when failed, not able to figure the URL flow used to update the record. Help me how to figure that out.

Below are the screen shots of the flow.

Flow_AssignEmails 2019-05-24 115748.pngHigh Level configurationAnnotation 2019-05-24 120038.pngupdate of each email recordAnnotation 2019-05-24 120118.pngno other field is updated except ownerAnnotation 2019-05-24 120158.pngOnly owner and owner type are populated.Annotation 2019-05-24 120440.pngFlow when failedAnnotation 2019-05-24 120621.pngDetails of Bad Request errorAnnotation 2019-05-24 120657.pngMore details of Bad Request error

Agan

Hi,

I have tried mapping Message ID, Actual Start, Actual End. But nothing helped me. Annotation 2019-05-27 140255.pngError screen shot after mapping.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,084)