cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

hyperlinks break using send an e-mail option

Hi,

I have created a flow which sends an e-mail each time a new item is added to an announcements list in sharepoint. The e-mail takes 'dynamic content' from the announcements list, namely the "Body' text. This text most of the includes hyperlinks to other places in our sharepoint web environment and pictures. I have found that when receiving the automatically send e-mail, hyperlinks no longer work and pictures do not show. The settings for the "body" text column are set to rich text (RTF).

I have looked for the html option to solve this problem, but it looks (to me) that this is no longer available in the 'send an e-mail' template (it used to be at the bottom).

Does anyone have a solution / suggestion how to solve this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChristelH ,

I did a test on my side and can insert hyperlinks in the Email body:

76.PNG

And the Use only HTML message option is still there.

Also about inserting pictures in the email body and displaying, you need to do many other steps, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-send-e-mail-notification-but-doesn-t-show-ba...

There are many methods mentioned in this link, please try to use them to achieve your needs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChristelH ,

I did a test on my side and can insert hyperlinks in the Email body:

76.PNG

And the Use only HTML message option is still there.

Also about inserting pictures in the email body and displaying, you need to do many other steps, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-send-e-mail-notification-but-doesn-t-show-ba...

There are many methods mentioned in this link, please try to use them to achieve your needs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,504)