cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabbott
Level: Powered On

link to item

I've created a workflow in Flow and am using the Link to Item in Dynamic Content.

Is it possible to utiilize this function, but modify it so that the link goes to a specific/custom form I've built in Designer? Or, not to go to the default list view.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: link to item

A link is a link - you can supply any valid link.  Obliviously, you'll need to append the list item ID to the URL in a manner similar to what you do in a Designer workflow.

I ran a test and captured the what is stored in Link to Item - my test was on a custom list.

Here is what the link looked like:

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
pabbott

Scott -- Thanks for the reply. So what you're showing as code, as you say, is what the Link to Item generates behind the scenes. What I'm trying to figure out is if it's possible to have the part that has listform.aspx be modified to go to a custom form that's been created. So, it would be customform.aspx.

Or, to put it another way: is it possible to edit the Link to Item or append it?

pabbott

Or (after re-reading your response): if I was to go the URL route, as opposed to the Link to Item route, how would I append the list item ID to the URL so that it's dynamic for all new items submitted, not a static ID?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pabbott,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to change the listform.aspx into customform.aspx within the Link to item dynamic content?

If you want to change the listform.aspx into customform.aspx within the Link to item dynamic content, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within Compose 2 action, Inputs field set to following formula:

replace(outputs('Compose'),last(split(split(outputs('Compose'),'?')[0],'/')),'CustomForm1.aspx')

or

replace(outputs('Compose'),'listform.aspx','CustomForm1.aspx')

Note: The CustomForm1.aspx represents the custom form on your side. On your side, type the following formula:

replace(outputs('Compose'),last(split(split(outputs('Compose'),'?')[0],'/')),'customform.aspx')

or

replace(outputs('Compose'),'listform.aspx','customform.aspx')

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

But if you change listform.aspx into customform.aspx within the Link to item dynamic content, the modified link could not be open well, so you could not go to your specific/custom form via the modified link.

If you want to go to your specific/custom form via editing the Link to item dynamic content, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas 

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pabbott

Kris -- Thanks. This makes sense, but I haven't been able to successfully implement it yet.

My Flow is...

1. When an item is created
  2. Send an email

Should Compose and Compose 2 go between those steps, or after Send an email?

flow-steps.jpg

pabbott

Oh, I figured out what I was doing wrong! It does work...very nice!

However...

Now it redirects to the correct custom form I've built, but in the process the ContentTypeId gets a ListId stuck in between it and the form, and breaks the link.

Hmmm...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,151)