cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mlb
Level: Power Up

problem with flow of email -> trello card

Hello, if i make a flow where new emails create a trello card it works but there is a problem:

The mails are in html format and when a card gets created i see the html source instead of a nice formatted message...

Is there an option to fix this? It's not really pretty and unreadable for the users...

If i send an email directly to a trello board it makes a nice card with how the mail lokked when i sent it

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: problem with flow of email -> trello card

Hi Mlb,

I assumed that your flow configuration looks like this template:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/c0737dbdda7c4e69b34e64cefca6dda5/create-...

I guess that this flow doesn’t support HTML email. I have seen a similar issue about HTML email, please check this thread for a reference:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Translate-non-English-emails-flow-template/m-p/23398/...

I am trying to confirm from my side about this issue, I will back once I got any updates.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Mlb,

I have some updates for you.

This flow doesn’t support HTML email. Please consider to submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

PGs will be adding a HTML to text convertor in the coming weeks to address issues like this.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Mlb

Look, i am sure you mean it well, but this is what shoudl change with Microsoft:

1) If you release a product think about what could be the first usercases and make sure that those work as expected

(onedrive business and syncing shared folders was the same kind of thing)

2) If someone points out a clear flaw in your product you could make sure this gets to the right team to solve it. and not point them to "submit an idea" It's not ME who is the microsoft employee right? We are paying customers.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Mlb,

When working with Microsoft Flow, we can ask for help by the following ways:
>Community
>Submit an idea
>Contact support

Please check this link for more details:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

So if you have any great ideas that will make flow even better, you could submit an idea at Flow ideas Forum. PGs will check the Flow Ideas Forum, and take hot ideas into consideration first. When PGs are working on the idea, the status of the idea would be changed to “Planned”, once it has been implemented, the status would be changed to “Completed”. So it’s a good way to know if a feature request is available or not.

Below is another feature request that has been “Completed”:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Share-Flows-between-users/idi-p/8780

If there is already a similar idea about “HTML email”, I will suggest you vote the idea. If you submit one, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here. I will also collect and report the feature request on my side.

Thanks for your understanding. Any time you got issues when working with Microsoft Flow, welcome to post your issues here, we are always ready to help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

RonMDavis

I am using email to -> Mail Send email -> Trello

Using the "Mail - Send eMail" service with the Trello Boards "Email To Board Address" and some #labels in the subject to this seems to hold the HTML formatting when it arrives in Trello.

That said the trigger seems to take about 5 minutes to 30 minutes to notice the email and forward it over to Trello.

#hopethishelps

QUESTION ... Have you seen similar delay from recieving email in outlook to triggering the Flow??

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 108 members 4,231 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: