cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfiorenzano
Level: Powered On

"Link to Item" Sharepoint list broken in Flow

Hi there,

I am creating an approval flow where an email is triggered when an item is added to a sharepoint list - simple. In the email, I am using the "Link to Item" dynamic field. 

The flow run and when I test it, it works. However when i send the email to the appropriate person, the link to the item does not open - it gives the message in the screenshot attached. Does not seem to be a permission issue - the person I am requesting approval from is the Admin of sharepoint and has full permissions to everything. I also checked that the list has permissions for the site visitors to view.

Looking at the link in the screenshot, it seems to be adding the 'ContentTypeID" at the end of the link? Any help?

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Link to Item" Sharepoint list broken in Flow

Hi @gfiorenzano,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Does the appropriate person exist in your organization? Is it an external user?

Only people with permissions to the item will be able to open the link, the error message told that there is no item exists at the “Link to Item” dynamic content that you provided.

I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned. My flow’s configuration as below:6JPG.JPG

The approval email has been sent successfully and the “Link to Item” dynamic content is opened well as below:7.JPG

Please check if you have sent the approval email to external approver who has not access to this item. Also check if you have grant proper permission to the approver within Site visitors area of Site permissions.

In addition, please check if someone else who has access to this item deletes the item in SharePoint list.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gfiorenzano

Thanks. 

Here is what my flow looks like. I am using the actual Approval action from Flow:Capture.PNG

The approver is internal and is the admin of O365 - he has access to all sites. 

I also checked permissions and the "Visitors" to this list have read access.

If he navigates to the site, he can see the item by clicking on the list. It makes no sense why the link to item doesn't work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same issue with my flow. Do you have any resolution? It is particularly odd because I have second level approvers and their links all work fine as do the links notifying people of approvals.

TommyJeon

Hi...

I had same issue before.

This is why the approver doesn't have an access right for the list and item.

Try this,

1. go to Main page

2.  go to Site permission

3. go to Advanced permissions settings.

4. Create a new group for approval

5.  Add a memeber into the created group

6.  check permission lever

7. Check the Manage lists and Override List Behaviors and others what approver needs.

Done.

P.S) now approver can see all the items in the list.

now i'm trying to find a solution for this. Approval can see only the link to items which is requested.

hope it solved.

TommyJeon

Hi~~

I have a question to you..

You are right. i think the permission to Link to item is needs to Approvers.

but my questions is...

The approver can see all the items in the list if i grant access right.

i want to configure that Approver can see only the Link to item in the requested approval email.

do you know how to configure or grant access right for the requested item temporary in the FLOW?

thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,104)