cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RynS
Frequent Visitor

"RSS feed news to Twitter" Flow template

I created a flow using the "RSS feed news to Twitter" template and it ran once, posting only the title of the post without a summary or link to the post. This is useless. I tried editing the Flow to include additional information from the menu and it would not run again to test what will be posted. It does not fail, it just "skips." I've deleted and recreated blog posts and created new blog posts while leaving posts that were skipped and nothing works. I even created a new Flow from the template with no changes and it will only skip, never running even once.

Anybody know how to get the this Flow to quit skipping and run again?

Anybody know how to get the RSS feed news to Twitter to tweet more than the title? I'd like the Title, Summary, and Feature Image to be included. I see these items in the RSS feed in Outlook so I assume they are there. At a bare minimum I would like the Title to link to the actual blog post.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi RynS,

I made some tests on my side using the template “RSS feed news to Twitter”.

When there was only “Feed title” in the Tweet text field, flow can run successfully.

While after I added another two dynamic contents, “Feed summary”, and “Primary feed link” to the Tweet text field, the flow failed.

An error message “Tweet must be 140 characters or less” was returned.

3.PNG

Then I checked the number of elements returned from the two dynamic contents “Feed summary” and “Primary feed link”, they did over the limitation.

For your scenario to post RSS feed title, summary, feature image to Twitter, I am afraid it might be not possible. Please consider submit a request at Flow ideas Forum about this issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will help collect and report it on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I had not considerd the character limit when posting to Twitter, that make sense. A more practical post with Flow would be the title of the post with the link and the image. For now it appears manually tweeting is the best way to achieve what I will call an engagable tweet.

I have determined that the RSS update period is the cause of the "skipped" issue I am running into. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

RynS

Hi RynS,

Thanks for understanding and updating.

Please consider creating you request at Flow Ideas Forum, PGs will check the forum and take it into consideration in the future releases.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,418)