cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jporter
Regular Visitor

"Remind for follow up on important emails sent, with no response" not triggering from Office 365 Outlook

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the "Remind for follow up on important emails sent, with no response" workflow.  It works when I tested the flow using "data from Office 365", but it does not work whenever I send a high priority email from the Office 365 Outlook account ( I tested it by sending high priority emails to my colleague).    Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get this template to work properly?  See images below.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

Test Flow Results

jporter_3-1597939298906.png

jporter_0-1597938942083.png

When I sent test emails to coworker

jporter_4-1597939834060.png

Here are the settings for my workflow

jporter_1-1597939076954.png

jporter_2-1597939169646.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've figured out how to make the workflow function properly.  I'll post screenshots below for anyone who may be struggling with this.  Hope this helps!

jporter_0-1598453515984.png

jporter_2-1598453596007.png

jporter_1-1598453563003.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jporter ,

Why are you has two trigger in the flow?

One flow could only has one trigger, the trigger when a send an emails wouldn't work, you should only create a flow with trigger when a new email arrives, and when a new email arrives, the flow would run.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft  ,

Thank you for your response.  I used the public template (see link below) for this workflow and it automatically generated the triggers you saw.

When I send an email marked as high importance, I want to get a prompt response. However, sometimes my co-workers may not respond quickly. This flow should remind me X hours after I send an email marked as High Importance, if, and only if, nobody responds to it.

I'd like to receive an email notification only when my coworker has not responded to a high importance email I sent, after a certain period of time.  I hope this provides clarity to my goal for this workflow.

Thanks!

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/2b5075ef950548339116c00149b7d6f4/remi...

Hi everyone,

I've figured out how to make the workflow function properly.  I'll post screenshots below for anyone who may be struggling with this.  Hope this helps!

jporter_0-1598453515984.png

jporter_2-1598453596007.png

jporter_1-1598453563003.png

View solution in original post

Hi @jporter ,

I couldn't create connection to the office 365 Outlook connector, so I can't open the template that you provided.

And I'm afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved in Microsoft flow currently since there is no any function could check if an email has been replied.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice,

Thank you for trying!  I was able to configure the work flow to work appropriately (see my solution in the post above).  For future reference, more than one trigger can be used in a work flow and using a "condition" action with parameters will allow you to check for an email response.  It took a lot of trial and error, but I got it to work!  The next improvement to my work flow will be filtering out 'Automatic reply' responses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (70,086)