cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

"workItem/dynamicFields/Vsts.TagsAction": "Remove" is no longer working (update devops work item)

I've serveral flows using a Azure Devops Operation called "Update a Work Item".

It allows you to manipulate tags on a work item; in the dropdown menu you can choose "remove", "replace" and "append".

 

This morning I noticed that tags weren't being removed when they should, so I did some testing:

 

- The flows run fine, other actions within the same flow are handled as designed.

- If I append a new tag with the flow, it works fine and the item receives a new tag.

- When I change the operation from "append" to "remove" and run the exact same flow again, the tags are not removed.

- I tried rebuilding this operation from scratch, but the result was the same.

- It seems to be affecting several different flows where tags are supposed to be removed.

- Two days ago these flows were running fine without problems. They've been untouched in that time.

- The syntax in the tags-field is not the problem

 

Weirdly, it looks like the builtin operation for devops is broken, not my flow.

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one affected by this, or if anyone has had any similar problems.

 

 

This is part of the raw input:

"host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_visualstudioteamservices",
        "operationId""UpdateWorkItem"
    },
    "parameters": {
(...)
        "type""Feature",
        "workItem/dynamicFields/System.Tags""[done]",
        "workItem/dynamicFields/Vsts.TagsAction""Remove"

 

The output shows the done-tag still present:

(...)

  "System_Tags""[done]; [IMP];

 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

 

I've had this tested in multiple organizations, by more than one person. This is not a problem limited to me. 

Both the tagging Remove and Replace functions are broken (Replace is now effectively the same as append), for all item types as far as I can tell.

I don't know if the issue is limited to a datacenter or region, but I have a hard time believing I'm the only person in the world who's using this operation to remove tags in DevOps.

robrais
Microsoft
Microsoft

I'm also experiencing this issue and looking for a fix or a work around. Is there a support ticket created for the PowerAutomate team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a n00b here. I've posted this in "I found a bug". Where can I log a support ticket with the PowerAutomate team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created a workaround that seems to be working for me. I've not tested any weird corner cases yet though.

You can find the post here.

robrais
Microsoft
Microsoft

It seems the PowerAutomate team has fixed this bugs. My flows that leverage this feature are working correctly now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,945)