cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"workItem/dynamicFields/Vsts.TagsAction": "Remove" is no longer working (update devops work item)

I've serveral flows using a Azure Devops Operation called "Update a Work Item".

It allows you to manipulate tags on a work item; in the dropdown menu you can choose "remove", "replace" and "append".

This morning I noticed that tags weren't being removed when they should, so I did some testing:

- The flows run fine, other actions within the same flow are handled as designed.

- If I append a new tag with the flow, it works fine and the item receives a new tag.

- When I change the operation from "append" to "remove" and run the exact same flow again, the tags are not removed.

- I tried rebuilding this operation from scratch, but the result was the same.

- It seems to be affecting several different flows where tags are supposed to be removed.

- Two days ago these flows were running fine without problems. They've been untouched in that time.

- The syntax in the tags-field is not the problem

Weirdly, it looks like the builtin operation for devops is broken, not my flow.

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one affected by this, or if anyone has had any similar problems.

This is part of the raw input:

"host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_visualstudioteamservices",
        "operationId""UpdateWorkItem"
    },
    "parameters": {
(...)
        "type""Feature",
        "workItem/dynamicFields/System.Tags""[done]",
        "workItem/dynamicFields/Vsts.TagsAction""Remove"

The output shows the done-tag still present:

(...)

"System_Tags""[done]; [IMP];

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I've had this tested in multiple organizations, by more than one person. This is not a problem limited to me. 

Both the tagging Remove and Replace functions are broken (Replace is now effectively the same as append), for all item types as far as I can tell.

I don't know if the issue is limited to a datacenter or region, but I have a hard time believing I'm the only person in the world who's using this operation to remove tags in DevOps.

robrais
Microsoft
Microsoft

I'm also experiencing this issue and looking for a fix or a work around. Is there a support ticket created for the PowerAutomate team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a n00b here. I've posted this in "I found a bug". Where can I log a support ticket with the PowerAutomate team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created a workaround that seems to be working for me. I've not tested any weird corner cases yet though.

You can find the post here.

robrais
Microsoft
Microsoft

It seems the PowerAutomate team has fixed this bugs. My flows that leverage this feature are working correctly now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,146)