cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jinks4
Frequent Visitor

reply to email (v3) action for the mails in the sent items folder

I'm having difficulty to send a follow up email using power automate. My specific use case is, I want to reply to a email which is there in my Sent Items folder. Since I'm the sender to the mails in the sent items folder, whenever the flow runs, I'm also receiving the replies. How to stop this from happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Sa25na111
Frequent Visitor

I understand what you mean.

You need to reply to the person you are sending the email to in the first place.

Look at the screenshot below, it should answer your question:

Sa25na111_0-1657109338971.png

If this answer your question, kindly accept it.

Jinks4
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Sa25na111 ,

Thanks for the response. But that doesn't solve my issue. I want to stop the sender from receiving the mail. If I do what you shared, the mail will be delivered to recipient but at the same time the sender (which is me) is also receiving the response. I want to stop the sender from receiving the response. 

Sa25na111
Frequent Visitor

As a sender, you will only get the response in your Sent Mail, because the connection on the Card is your email.

That is how the system was configured. Email and follow-up email are sent on behalf of someone, hence the reason for the response in your Sent Folder.

Jinks4
Frequent Visitor

Jinks4_0-1657113308158.png

This is the flow I'm using.  First I will send the mail to a person. After 2 days I want to follow up on my previous mail. For this, I'm using Get emails action from my 'Sent Items' folder. Once I get that email, using Message ID from that, I want to reply the first email I sent. This reply when I try to send, it is being sent to the recipient as well as me in my inbox. Its like sending the email to myself which doesn't make sense. Is there anyway I could send reply only to the recipient and skipping me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,354)