cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

revive pending approval

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to send a mail after some days (parameters) if the person have not answer to the approval yet.

We use since few weeks Flow with approval and a lot of persons didn't answer to the approval. So after 30 days the flow failed.

I would like the possibility to send a mail to revive them to answer after 10 days with no responses for example.

A mail like : "An approval still requires your answer".

Do you know if it's possible please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MichaelFR,

I agree with @Pieter_Veenstra's thought almost, I assume that you want to send an email after 10 days if the approvers have not made a response to the approval, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a new response is submitted" trigger.
  • Add a "Start an approval" action, specify Approval type, Title and Assigned to. Click "Menu" button, then select "Settings" option:18.JPG

Within Settings for "Start an approval" panel, type the following formula within Duration field:

P10D

or

PT240H

19.JPG

Then click "Done" button.

• Add a "Send an email" action, specify To, Subject and Body. Click "Menu" button, then select "Configure run after" option:20.JPG

Within "Send an email" should run after panel, select "has timed out" option:21.JPGThen click "Done" button.

Image reference:22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:23.JPG

In addition, I think a "parallel branch" action could also achieve your needs, please take a try with the following workaround:24.JPG

More details about adding parallel branches in flows, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

in the settings you could set a timeout

And then create another approval step or email step where you repeat your message. This action needs a run after configuration with the on timout box ticked.Approvalsettings.PNG

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I try to do it but doesn't works.

I think I miss something.

This is my Flow:

Flow1.pngFlow2.pngFlow3.png 

The flow failed after 30 minutes instead of 30 days.

Hi @MichaelFR,

I agree with @Pieter_Veenstra's thought almost, I assume that you want to send an email after 10 days if the approvers have not made a response to the approval, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a new response is submitted" trigger.
  • Add a "Start an approval" action, specify Approval type, Title and Assigned to. Click "Menu" button, then select "Settings" option:18.JPG

Within Settings for "Start an approval" panel, type the following formula within Duration field:

P10D

or

PT240H

19.JPG

Then click "Done" button.

• Add a "Send an email" action, specify To, Subject and Body. Click "Menu" button, then select "Configure run after" option:20.JPG

Within "Send an email" should run after panel, select "has timed out" option:21.JPGThen click "Done" button.

Image reference:22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:23.JPG

In addition, I think a "parallel branch" action could also achieve your needs, please take a try with the following workaround:24.JPG

More details about adding parallel branches in flows, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Many thanks. I didn't know this possibility.

I think it will resolve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (15,597)